Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

diz iz me..

hey,wut r u up 2 rite now?my long-lost-contact buddy questioned me on sms recently. The answer as usual ,'mcm ni jela' haha(small forced-laugh). basically after i quit my lovely job at gsc lm, i'm thinking of to take a rest after a year being a workaholic dude.so tired duh... but i felt a lil bore cz got noting 2 do, alhamdulillah, i'm hired to be a resident teacher for year 3 sudents to teach math and science at their tuition center in Ampang. and one more, i am a 'freelance' teacher at a tuition center also in Bndr Tun Hussein Onn.(freelance- a therm given by my sis to describe an unsigned replacement teacher.haha.good therm) being a tuition teacher anyway help me a lot in my study as well as my life. it teach me to be more confident and b able to socialize with all kind of people.its a life lesson which help me to understand the real world outside my college life.
My life is all about music, a day without music same as a day without nasi(makanan ruji.hahaha). My main hobby would be jamming,with my bandmate..anj-great vocalist as his idol tom yorke of radiohead, zman-my ex rumate who want to get a bass guitar soon, piske-great guitarist who likes to eat 'kuih lapis'.hahaha.. and bob-'tukang pukul' who loves to wear his cute boxer whenever he about to put some beat into the music. we are unite in the name of "the margerine".types of music? basically modern rock with a blend of jazz and fusion not forgetting some traditional exotic sound. we play covers from muse, radiohead, gnr, queen, bb king, cake etc.

chronology of my music career.hahaha.mcm artist la plak.
1985- the day i was born

1991- kindergarten- taski(taman asuhan kanan2 islam tampin) listening to tune likes babablacksheep,londonbridge,papaku pulang dr kota,papaku belikan kereta etc.

1992- primary school, listening to negaraku, lagu sekolah and lagu n9.
listen to wings,ekamatra,sweet charity,kru.

1997- year 6,the era of boyband and techno. listen to nsync,bsb,5ive, aqua,vengaboys etc.

1998- step to secondary school..the era of indie and underground scene and culture, punk,skin,grunge.
listen to nirvana,xpdc(?..metal 60 an maa),butterfingers,greenday.

2000- pmr exam..musical influence of the nu era rock which later be defined as nu-metal/rap metal and the arise of hiphop culture in malaysia.
listen to limp bizkit,linkinpark, crazy town, rhcp,too phat,teh tarik crew,

2001- the black metal issue arise..black metal being banned in malaysia. the rise of malaysian scene nu era.
listen to koffin kanser, republic of brickfields, metallica-first and 2nd album,silent death,as sahar, cradle, urban karma(singapore nu metal.great band!) prana etc.

2004- "moron" a punk-grunge band was formed.me as a bassist at first later swap with ziman. at this time,whatever song we listen to, we cover it in punk rock tune.even "baby 1 more time" we grind to a punk sound.

2005- joined musica humana,sadly only ended at 1st stage.we play "song 2 by blur"

2006- invited bob to be our drummer to replace piske, he play guitar.we change our name to 'The margerine"
we plays more matured music like modern rock, jazz and rock and roll,stand by me,white stripe and that thing u do. first performance in Tesl foundation day.
joined musica humana again with two bands, 1.2 milligram(the margerine) and Karltoons(german pronunciation). managed to get the 3rd place with Karltoons. we shared stage with The Fugitive.

2008- forming Tempayan-music community
bought my first electric guitar,cheap one,bought from my sifu Amir.
jamm with latip,amirul,zman.we plays malay tune: wings,may,search,blackrose etc.

wahhh..so long article,tired of typing already.enjoy reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good story about ur band..interested to person named ziman..haha...terharu mengenangkan history of margerine..nanti bass aku smp la..which do u want? free lancer teacher or lead guitar 4 d margerine???haha..

payne said...

thanxs so much for viewing my page..i can be both teacher and guitarist.haha.can? niway,kindly leave ur name or nickname after your comment.appreciate it much.thanx again.